What is the cost?
Just like on site stick built homes, modular style homes can be tailored to the customers specifications which alters the cost proportionally. However, modular homes tend to be more affordable than site-built homes due to the shorter build time, which will save you money on the overall construction. Modular homes are also much more energy-efficient, so your monthly expenses will be substantially less.
How long will it take to build?
There is a wide variety of homes to choose from, but on average it takes 2-3 weeks to construct the home in the factory. A factory-built home starts out as sections that have been built in a climate-controlled area. The finished sections are transported to the building site and then assembled with cranes. It usually takes 1-3 months to complete the home on site , depending on the size and scope of the project, given there are no significant weather delays.
Who should I hire to build my home?
You guessed it. We recommend going with American Homes. Not just because we want your business, but because we have a proven track record of providing quality homes at an affordable price. For more than 30 years we have helped thousands of people discover the benefits of our modular style homes, and why American Homes is the best in the business.
A few facts to consider before making your decision:
- Modular homes are considered a form of green building.
- Home loans for modular homes are the same as site-built homes.
- Insurance premiums for modular homes are the same as site-built homes.
- Modular homes appraise the same as their on-site built counterparts do; they do not depreciate in value.
- Modular home designs vary in style and size.
- Taxes on modular homes are the same as site-built homes.
- Modular homes can be built to withstand 175-mph winds.
- Modular homes can be built for accessible living and designed for future conveniences.
- Modular construction can be used for commercial applications, including office buildings.
- Modular homes are permanent structures